cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Question about correcting a URL within the docs and pot files
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:49:36 GMT
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Chip Childers
<chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm correcting the URL issue noted in CLOUDSTACK-1341, and have a
> question about the appropriateness of modifying the pot files directly.
>
> I went looking for the places where the KEYs file URL was in the docs
> folder, and I get this:
>
> # grep -R KEYS *
> en-US/verifying-source.xml:       <title>Getting the KEYS</title>
> en-US/verifying-source.xml:          <ulink url="http://www.apache.org/dist/dev/incubator/cloudstack/KEYS">KEYS</ulink>
--import KEYS</programlisting>
> pot/verifying-source.pot:msgid "Getting the KEYS"
> pot/verifying-source.pot:msgid "To enable you to verify the GPG signature, you will need
to download the <ulink url=\"http://www.apache.org/dist/dev/incubator/cloudstack/KEYS\">KEYS</ulink>
file."
--import KEYS"

> I know that we should change the source XML file, but how about the .pot
> file?
>
> -chip

We definitely need to document this.
If I answer the question will you document it? :)

So when you change the XML - you merely need to run publican
update_pot and it will regenerate the pot files.
The downside is, it will wipe out the license header. I need to
actually ping folks upstream and complain about that.
So then use your python script in your gist to iterate over the pot
files and reapply the license. You also want to make sure that you've
added any new files to be tracked by git. (it's probably bad form, but
I just 'git add .' from within the pot directory) And then a commit
for the update.

--David