cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [ACS4.2] LDAP UI
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 06:00:04 GMT
On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM, Pranav Saxena
<pranav.saxena@citrix.com> wrote:
> To configure LDAP  , we need to pass in few multiple mandatory parameters -
>
> hostname        Hostname or ip address of the ldap server eg: my.ldap.com
> queryfilter     You specify a query filter here, which narrows down the users, who can
be part of this domain.
> searchbase      The search base defines the starting point for the search in the directory
tree

> If you are referring to Global settings , that can be done but then we'll have to have
three Ldap config parameters there . if that is a good design to handle this , then yes we
can do that. Perhaps , the idea is to have a single dialog box where a user could supply three
values and configure and debug them if something goes wrong.

Those are the mandatory API inputs for CloudStack.
But almost all environments will require username/password for binding
at a minimum, and you should probably, and prolly offer the SSL option
as well. Port should probably be an option too.

Without at least bind creds, the API configuration is practically
useless on any modern LDAP server.

--David