cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Update on translation, Help needed.
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:20:59 GMT
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Radhika Puthiyetath
<radhika.puthiyetath@citrix.com> wrote:
> I am really  curious to know as to why David chose the title 'Runbook', instead of Quick
Start Guide.

> -Radhika

So originally I chose runbook because there was already a quick
install guide in the 2.2 (and maybe even early 3.0 days) So a naming
conflict.
So it does bear one similarity with a runbook, in that it's a set of
directions to follow, there are no options, it's a single path to a
single goal, which is typically what a runbook does from an ops
perspective.

Since we don't have a quick install guide anymore, I'll change the
name shortly.

--David