cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ram Ganesh <sriram.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Propose] Propose following features for 4.1 release.....
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:17:39 GMT
On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 02/09/2013 04:41 AM, Ram Ganesh wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to propose following features which are at various stages in
>> the review board(hit review board by Jan 31st) for inclusion into 4.1
>> release.
>>
>> CLOUDSTACK-713 Limit Resources to domain/accounts
>>   - Achieved "Ship it" status but not sure if it is in master branch.
>>
>> CLOUDSTACK-705 IP Address reservation within a network
>>   - Review comments incorporated and updated patch re-submitted.
>>
>> CLOUDSTACK-197 Support for EC2 Query API (rest interface)
>>   - Few patches achieved "Ship it" status and others are being reviewed.
>>
>> CLOUDSTACK-657 VMware vNetwork Distributed Virtual Switch support in
>> CloudStack
>>   - In final stage of closure on review comments.
>>

> Although these are really nice features, the feature freeze for 4.1 was at
> the end of January.

Well. All these features hit the review board by end of January. By
feature freeze I would assume no more feature requests post end of
January. The features that hit the review board and met the freeze
date should be given a window to get the review done which is not the
case as of now.

> Our current focus has to be getting 4.1 stable and packaged, adding more
> features wouldn't be wise.
>
> And where do we stop? If we allow these new features, why shouldn't we also
> include feature X or Y?

This is a propose email and the community has the right to accept /
reject the proposal.