cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject [MERGE]Storage refactor branch
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 23:13:27 GMT
Hi All,
     Here is the update from storage refactor branch since last week:

1.       clean/hook up snapshot into new storage framework, separate taking snapshot and backup
snapshot. Add a snapshotstrategy interface for people want to change or replace how snapshot
is processed in cloudstack. Current snapshot code is little bit hacky, welcome to replace
it for your need.
      Since last week I created storage_refactor branch, seems no objection for what I am
doing, so I want to merge the branch into master, by end of this week, due to the following
reasons:
         Maintain such big patch(more than 20K) outside of master, touch all the storage code,
is not an easy task.
         After merge into master, other developers who developing storage features can work
on master directly, thus I don't need to rebase the branch regularly.
      About test, I only tested basic features, like, stop/start vm, attach/detach volumes,
take snapshots in devcloud. For sure, I'll break something. The more test from other people,
will help to me to stabilize the code. About unit test, I have some unit test and integration
test for devcloud, but both of them needs database and devcloud environment, so they are disabled
by default and unit test themselves are broken also. I'll write more tests during the stabilization.