cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: JSON Question
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 23:13:57 GMT
AFAIK, there is no other component using JSON-RPC in CloudStack, maybe you can try https://code.google.com/p/json-rpc/wiki/Usage,
add the following in your pom file:
<dependencies>
   <dependency>
      <groupId>org.json.rpc</groupId>
      <artifactId>jsonrpc</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
   </dependency>
</dependencies>

<repositories>
   <repository>
      <id>json-rpc</id>
      <url>http://json-rpc.googlecode.com/svn/mavenrepo</url>
   </repository>
</repositories>

From: Mike Tutkowski [mailto:mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:48 PM
To: Edison Su
Cc: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: JSON Question

Thanks, Edison!

So, now I can serialize and de-serialize data to and from the JSON format.

My next question is the following:  Do we already have a library in place in CloudStack that
lets us make use of JSON-RPC?  Perhaps Gson allows for this?

I'm thinking I'd like something similar to the following, but I'm not sure what the "norm"
is in CloudStack:

JsonRpcHttpClient client = new JsonRpcHttpClient(

    new URL("http://example.com/UserService.json"));

User user = client.invoke("createUser", new Object[] { "bob", "the builder" }, User.class);

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com<mailto:Edison.su@citrix.com>>