cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Fang Wang <fang.w...@citrix.com>
Subject [discuss] Vmware host failed to start a Windows 2008 VM
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:20:10 GMT
Hi,

Wondering if any one has some experience. I am running CS master branch, hypervisor is Vmware.
I am deploying an ESX 5.1 host, and on top of that,
I'd like to start a VM and then boot that VM with Windows 2008 Server.

I have the ESX host up, and the VM is created. I then changed the boot menu to attach the
.iso image
(the Windows image I loaded to the local data store already) to boot up the Windows VM.
But booting failed with " NO DHCP or Proxy DHCP  offers were received"

I did not intended to do the PXE boot, and I already set the boot menu to pick the CD-ROM
iso image.
And set the boot option at power on time;  But somehow it does not go to the CD-ROM boot.
IS there anything else I missed?

Thanks,
-Fang