cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Binary downloads....
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 03:56:16 GMT

The reason I bring this up is that CloudStack is a mostly java based web app.  It's not a
given that someone who understands java/j2ee understands linux and yum/apt repos.  For them
it is somewhat difficult and we should lower that bar.  That's where I'm coming from on this.

I do understand packaging into rpms and debs.  There's lots of great benefits and of course
is a prerequisite to getting into distros but I look forward to the day where we just have
a few wars zipped up in tar.gz or .zip and people just download them and deploy them as they
would any webapp.

--Alex