cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Binary downloads....
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 03:45:39 GMT

> Because providing 'binaries' isn't necessarily problematic, but making
> yum and apt repos work in the ASF mirror system seems a bit more of an
> issue. Plus, Wido stepped up to do the work, no one else has offered
> any other alternatives.

David,

I apologize if this has all been discussed.  And this is off-topic from packaging so I changed
the subject.

RPMs don't necessarily have to be from yum repo right?  Why can't it just be downloaded from
the page along with the source package?  Don't get me wrong.  Very grateful to Wido for stepping
up to help.  Not questioning that.  It's just that when I visit the download page, it just
has a bunch of rpms but nothing to offer in terms of directions on what to do to install.
 It makes it difficult for new users to get started.  What can we do in that area to make
it easier?

--Alex