cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Paying attention to JIRA and RB
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:14:51 GMT
We had similar discussion in QA Scrum as well regarding check-ins that are supposed to happen
in relevant branches.
Usually we clone defects for relevant branches so validation can be carried out in each branch
separately as code changes from branch to branch and fix might work differently.
Can we do same here as well?

Also I asked QA to request relevant info when testing a feature - Resolved status for the
feature/ Unit Tests/ Check in details for all branches.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastien Goasguen [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:44 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org Developers
Subject: Paying attention to JIRA and RB

Hi,

I spent some time yesterday on JIRA and RB, looking at bugs that I reported and bugs assigned
to me.
Then I looked at docs bugs and a few other older bugs.

What I noticed is that we are not updating the tickets properly on JIRA.
And that on RB we sometimes ship a review but don't apply the patch or don't reference it
and don't close the review.

Most notably I ran into tickets that were actually resolved (patch applied in review board),
but not closed in JIRA.
There are also invalid and duplicate bugs.

We would all benefit from spending 30 minutes on JIRA check bugs and update them. I am sure
we will have a JIRA sprint when we get closer to the release date, but doing it now would
save us time.

One thing that I also noticed is that sometimes patches from RB are not applied to all adequate
branches (master vs 4.0 vs 4.1 ).

Finally, we need to make sure that we apply patches to all appropriate branches otherwise
it's a real pain to go check for the actual change that happened, where and why.

Morning thoughts,

-Sebastien