cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject [DOCS][DISCUSS]Documentation for 4.1
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:25:11 GMT
Radhika, raise some questions about the documentation for 4.1, so I would like to move this
discussion to a new thread.

The 4.1 plan is at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.1+Release

The feature freeze was 1/31 and the docs freeze is set for 2/28

To stick to a time based release that means (IMHO) that any docs that will not hit the docs
freeze of 2/28 will not be part of the 4.1 release.
The actual feature, if it met the 4.1 feature freeze will, but not the docs.

Radhika prepared a documentation plan:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Apache+CloudStack+v+4.1+Documentation+Plan

Feature owners need to double check this plan, make sure that it only lists 4.1 features and
then work on their docs.
We have 16 days left for docs freeze.

After 2/28 we will just fix doc bugs, not add new docs, even if a feature is included in 4.1
if its docs are not in by 2/28 then too bad.

That's a bit of tough love, but that's what will happen if we want to stick to the schedule.

Thoughts,  flames ?

-Sebastien