cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Packaging in 4.1
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 17:32:02 GMT
Hey guys,

Just a quick note before the weekend with a status update on RPM.

The management server package is pretty much done and installation on a clean system works
like a charm. This is actually tested every few hours with a Jenkins setup a colleague and
I built. We take the sources, compile  and package. The packages are added to a repo and chef
is used to deploy two new clean CentOS 6.3 boxes. One is configured as database server and
another one as CloudStack management server by chef. After installation an ApiKey is created
for the admin user. This proves that the package can be installed on a clean system and that
the management server starts.

With this testing we have found several issues of which a few haven't been resolved yet (hopefully
this weekend):

 * 4.1-new-db-schema.sql is not loaded by cloudstack-setup-databases
* userid is null in reponse to a login call with the admin user, expected 2
* Excryption initialization is now done in Transaction, this causes the mvn -Pdeveloper -pl
developer -D deploydb to fail is db.properties is not in the classpath

Next week:
 * we will continue with the setup and add some real tests to create zones and add hypervisors.

 *I will also start testing with the agent and usage package, they are created at the moment
but not tested for functionality.
 * Deploy fedora 18 image and extend the test to that
 * Deploy Ubuntu 12.04 and add packaging scripts for that (check with wido/noa)

Cheers,

Hugo