cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: android cloudstack client
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 17:20:50 GMT
Now that's a tricky question , you just now asked :)  . At this juncture  ,unfortunately ,
I don' have an answer to this.  But good to see that you really think that this could be in
huge demand .

-----Original Message-----
From: Musayev, Ilya [mailto:imusayev@webmd.net]
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:35 PM
To: Musayev, Ilya; cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Sonny Chhen; Brian Federle
Subject: RE: android cloudstack client

Speaking of usefulness, its invaluable.

The thought of controlling your infrastructure from a handheld device on the go - which is
also open-source - is priceless.

To reflect on this thought, this tool will be in demand by both corporate and hosting clients.

How certain are you that Citrix is going to donate the code?

"Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
This is great. I'd even say Android version is more in demand - but I dont want to start smartphone
wars.

Whenevrrvtest version is ready, please let us know.

In the meantime - for marketing reasons I'm going to note "mobile admin tool is in the works"

Thanks
Ilya

Pranav Saxena <pranav.saxena@citrix.com> wrote:
Hi abhi ,

Even me and Brian had started to design the front end for an Android/ iOS app for cloudstack
and we were using the phoneGap API to handle few of the touch functionalities for this . We
thought that when we have a basic prototype up and working , we'll share it with the community
.

Our plan is to have a basic set of features like starting an instance , stopping an instance
, may be take a snapshot and list the capacity charts on the dashboard .

Could you also elaborate on what exactly is your plan and how do you plan to have the UI design
for your work ? May be we should collaborate on this and avoid any redundant work .

Regards,
Pranav