cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE][ACS401] Apache CloudStack 4.0.1-incubating release (Second Round)
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 14:27:59 GMT
+1 (binding)

I did a basic sanity testing for the UI  , tested the VM lifecycle operations in both basic
and advanced zone  and SG enabled advanced zone . These look good.

Found a minor issue with the UI though under a negative test case scenario  - if we have invalid
inputs (like alphabets) for  netmask , gateway  in the zonewizard while setting up an advanced
zone , the VLAN range container isn't loaded and throws an error. This needs to be rectified
by modifying the widget code under utils.js  .Giving the numeric and proper inputs to netmask
, gateway  works fine.

Regards,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nalley [mailto:david@gnsa.us]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 7:18 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE][ACS401] Apache CloudStack 4.0.1-incubating release (Second Round)

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> G'Day!
>
> Because I appended an extra -incubating to the version, I'm
> re-starting the vote for the 4.0.1-incubating release.
>
> Instructions for testing and validating the artifacts can be found on
> the wiki here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0+
> test+procedure
>
> Everyone in the community is encouraged to download and test the
> release artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before
> the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on the release, so
> please give it a shot!
>
> The following artifacts are up for the vote:
>
> Git Branch and Commit SH:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=s
> hortlog;h=refs/heads/4.0
> Commit: cd83b49ee5107f11a754679b376b8631e3535878
>
> List of changes:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=b
> lob_plain;f=CHANGES;hb=refs/heads/4.0
>
> Source release (checksums and signatures are available here as well):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/cloudstack/candidates
> /4.0.1-incubating/
>
> PGP release keys (signed using 05CD14DD)
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/cloudstack/KEYS
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours.
>

> For sanity in tallying the vote, can PPMC and IPMC members please be
> sure to indicate "(binding)" with their vote?
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Best,
>
> jzb
> --
> Joe Brockmeier
> http://dissociatedpress.net/
> Twitter: @jzb

+1 (binding)

I verified keys and checksums.
Checked rat output
I performed an upgrade with this release on my 'production' CloudStack environment successfully
and ran through some VM lifecycle operations.

The only negative, is that this is yet another release in which we have a -SNAPSHOT appended
to the built artifacts. But I don't see that as a blocker for release.
We need to add 'mvn release:prepare' to our release process.

--David