cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Packaging in 4.1
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 16:31:49 GMT

On 02/06/2013 04:57 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 03:30:04PM +0530, Pradeep Soundararajan wrote:
>> Thanks Hugo, Wido and Noa for bringing this to some closure :)
>>
>> I am able to package rpm using "packaging/centos63/package.sh" after some modification
in the package.sh script since cloud.spec is looking for 'cloudstack' Name.

>> -mkdir -p $RPMDIR/SOURCES/cloud-$VERSION
>> +mkdir -p $RPMDIR/SOURCES/cloudstack-$VERSION
>>

>> -(cd ../../; tar -c --exclude .git --exclude dist  .  | tar -C $RPMDIR/SOURCES/cloud-$VERSION
-x )
>> -(cd $RPMDIR/SOURCES/; tar -czf cloud-$VERSION.tgz cloud-$VERSION)
>> +(cd ../../; tar -c --exclude .git --exclude dist  .  | tar -C $RPMDIR/SOURCES/cloudstack-$VERSION
-x )
>> +(cd $RPMDIR/SOURCES/; tar -czf cloudstack-$VERSION.tgz cloudstack-$VERSION)
>>
>> Packaging went fine after the above modification but I have observed some issues
while installing the package.  I believe you have changed the installation path from */cloud/*
to */cloudstack/* and also observed you have changed all the rpm names from cloud* to cloudstack*.
 If that is a situation then I feel we cannot upgrade from 4.0 since they were pointing to
different rpm names and they were loaded in a different location.  I feel,  this would raise
lot of compatibility issues here and there.

>> Noticed you have changed cloud-client to cloudstack-management. I feel, we have to
modify install.sh script accordingly in order to satisfy all the changed conditions.

> Haven't we removed install.sh completely?

wido@wido-laptop:~/repos/cloudstack$ find -name 'install.sh'
wido@wido-laptop:~/repos/cloudstack$

Says enough I think? :)

Wido