cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Kishan Kavala <Kishan.Kav...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: VPC Functionality Not Pluggable
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 08:37:05 GMT
Joseph,
 You can check 2.4 in the nTier Apps spec. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/nTier+Apps+2.0+Functional+Spec
I'll add more details to the spec shortly. I planning to add this to master in next 1-2 weeks.

Provider can be both an advanced networking provider and a VPC provider.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mills, Joseph [mailto:joe@midokura.jp]
Sent: Monday, 18 February 2013 11:29 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: VPC Functionality Not Pluggable

Hi Kishan,

We are very interested in this feature so I was hoping you can provide some more details,
if possible.

Is there a functional or design spec I can go through?

Do you have any idea of when your VPC changes will be put into master? I am wondering if we
will have enough lead time to integrate our changes with yours before 4.2 gets cutoff.

Will VPC be a service with similar pluggability to any other networking service (like static
NAT, Firewall, etc)? If so, can a provider be both an advanced networking provider and a VPC
provider, or will they need to be separate?

Thanks,
Joe