cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chandan Purushothama <Chandan.Purushoth...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Regarding "Blacklist of Routes" Feature of nTier Apps 2.0
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 02:01:51 GMT
May I know the information for the following questions pertaining to the feature:

As per the FS, black list routes will be mentioned using Global configuration parameter: vpc.routes.blacklist

1. As an user if I specify a static route on my VPC and then a decision is made to blacklist
that route via the private gateway. How will this information gets synced with the Virtual
Router? How will the static route automatically get deleted from the cloudstack setup?
2. What is the format in which multiple blacklist routes can be specified for the vpc.routes.blacklist
parameter?
3. Do the users need to reboot the management server every time the global configuration parameter:
vpc.routes.blacklist is touched?
4. Do you check for the black listed route only when createStaticRoute command is executed?
Is the check made as a part of any other action on the setup?

Thank you,
Chandan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kishan Kavala [mailto:Kishan.Kavala@citrix.com]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 5:50 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Regarding "Blacklist of Routes" Feature of nTier Apps 2.0

Administrators would want to block a list of routes so that they are not assigned to any of
the private Gateways in VPC. While creating routes onĀ private Gateways,  if the route is
in the blacklist, route creation will not be allowed.

to understand what does blacklisting routes feature mean. Can anyone help me understand what
does this feature do and how is it implemented on the >Router?