cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] CloudStack Collab Summit 2013
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 15:43:40 GMT
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 04:20:44PM -0500, Mark Hinkle wrote:
> Given that we are part of the way into 2013 I thought I would bring up the topic of the
CloudStack Collab Summit(s) for this year. I am willing to put up the sponsorship to secure
a venue and get the ball rolling. I also hear rumblings of folks willing to help do a CloudStack
Collaboration Summit in Amsterdam as well.

> For CloudStack Collaboration Conference 2012 we were at capacity at 300 attendees and
we had a waiting list. I am thinking that we will want to have space for at least 600 for
the next event.

> I would like to propose a CloudStack Collab Summit in Silicon Valley this spring (May?)
and one in the fall in Europe in Amsterdam(November?). If we don't get any significant objections
I'll be glad to work on a proposal similar to last time and get the blessing of the PPMC and
the Apache Events Committee.  Comments, feedback,flames?

> Regards,
>
> Mark R. Hinkle
> Senior Director, Cloud Computing Community
> Citrix Systems
> e: mark.hinkle@citrix.com
> twitter: @mrhinkle

I'm slightly concerned about the idea of doing this twice a year.  I'm
certainly no event management expert, but does that dilute the
interest?  Or is it better, due to being able to hold it in different
geographies?

-chip