cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: master branch building error "[ERROR] C:\cloudstack-apache\incubator-cloudstack\server\src\com\cloud\vm\snapshot\dao\VMSnapshotDao.java:[24,28] error: cannot find symbol"
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 19:25:25 GMT
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 04:27:06PM -0800, Frank Zhang wrote:
> I guess people build successfully on their local, but forget 'git add' the new file before
pushing
> 'git status' is always a good practice before pushing

I'm more referring to the fact that folks are pushing changes to master
without first pulling and rebasing from origin, and then testing the
merged results.

Missing a file in a commit is going to happen...  it's an honest
mistake.  But pushing unrelated changes to master when the build
is broken is a pretty bad habit for us to have as a group.