cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] UI automation using Python/Selenium
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:15:36 GMT
On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:06:01AM -0500, Chip Childers wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 03:02:09PM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:

> > > Following up on this...
> > >
> > > First, I love this initiative and want to help.  Since you don't have
> > > commit rights, do you want to push to a github repo where others can
> > > fork and submit pull requests for the feature?
> >
> > Parth / Chip,
> >
> > The collaboration for marvin automation is happening on
> > github:/cloudstack-qa ever since the IP clearance issues prevented us
> > from moving tests in to the ASF.  I'm happy to give you commit
> > privileges there so we can collaborate with other contributors
> > interested in automated tests.
> >
> > --
> > Prasanna.,
> >

> Would you see Selenuim tests as being part of the Marvin suite?  IMO,
> they are separate, and I'd like them to be worked within the ACS repo.
> Open to arguments to the contrary though!

Nope that's not what I meant. Selenium tests are seperate. They will
of course land in the ACS repo eventually. But I wanted to bring
together those writing functional / integration tests on one
collaborative platform.  In this case that was to be the github repo
for cloudstack-qa. Contributors are free to choose their own repo as
well. :)

--
Prasanna.,