cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject [DISCUSS] Google Summer of Code?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 20:15:25 GMT
Hey all,

Google has announced its dates [1] for Summer of Code. We've touched on
this previously [2] and there was some concern it wasn't a great use of
time.

However, I thought I'd bring it up in case there's any interest in
trying to participate. (There's no guarantee that we'd be accepted in
any case, though Google is good about 'rotating' orgs so that it's not
always the same mentoring organizations every year.) I'd be happy to do
the legwork to get us signed up for GSoC, but we'd need a few developers
to help mentor actual projects.

If we decide not to do it, that's fine too - but I wanted to discuss it
so it's conscious decision rather than an "oops, we missed the deadline"
thing.

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013
[2] http://markmail.org/thread/mpukxgs2a3lqgt7a

Best,