cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject 4.0.1-incubating announcement
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 18:19:06 GMT
Hey all,

So - if you're caught up on mail (and why wouldn't you be? It's not like
we talk a lot on -dev...) you'll see that the votes have passed for
4.0.1-incubating.

Yay!

OK, next step (aside from copying artifacts + letting mirrors sync) is
sending the announcement. I've already sent out the draft and will take
into account any edits/suggestions on that thread Monday morning and
send the final text out on Monday morning.

I plan to do this at 9 a.m. Eastern time on Tuesday. Even though it's a
minor release, I'd like to get as much attention to it as possible, and
a Saturday afternoon announcement, or Monday morning announcement, are
going to be largely ignored.

If anybody disagrees with that, please speak up - but generally, I'd
like to stick to a Tuesday morning release announcement schedule for
this and all future releases.

(Tuesdays and Wednesdays are generally the highest traffic days for tech
press blogs & sites, at least in my experience.)

It'd also be helpful for everyone to pitch in on promoting the
announcement once it's out. If you're a blogger, please do mention it on
your blog. (If you're *not* a blogger, you might want to think about
starting to help promote your work on CloudStack.) If you use Twitter,
etc., help promote the news there. Thanks!

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net