cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][WIKI] Do we need a top-level Releases page?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:32:29 GMT
On Feb 15, 2013, at 11:35 AM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:

> So - now that we've established we aren't going to just export wiki
> content - do we really need a "releases" page on the wiki when that
> should be on the main cloudstack.org?

Well, we need a place for the release pages to live. It can be an
empty page, or have a pointer to the website.

> Thanks,
>
> Joe
>
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013, at 09:18 AM, David Nalley wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Joe,
>>>
>>> I added those in.  IMHO, our wiki should just "export" content and then it gets
"styled" up and be put on cloudstack.org.

>>> Take a look at cxf landing page vs the wiki.  Their landing page is nothing more
than dressed up wiki.

>>> Landing page:
>>> http://cxf.apache.org/
>>>
>>> wiki:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/CXF/
>>>
>>> This has a few benefits:
>>> - Reduces the things we have to keep track of to a minimum.
>>> - Familiar platform for people who want to write things targeted to the end user/cloud
operator.
>>> - End user/cloud operator has a natural way to dig deeper.
>>>
>>> Our collaborations should happen on the mailing list but once a consensus is
achieved someone should write something on the wiki.  This is similar to how we're doing the
FSes currently.

>>> David has gotten admin privilege to allow us to customize the html export of
our wiki.  I haven't had any time to look at it though (partly because I can only tinker with
it through David since I have no such karma so it's slow for me to get started.)