cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: License issue for js file from ui-plugins merge
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:51:12 GMT
On Feb 15, 2013, at 1:38 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

> Chip,
>
> We should spell out the expectations because the community has been evolving in how it's
behave.  It is already difficult for people to follow the emails then how can we expect them
to follow consensus reach inside those emails.  Note I'm not talking about technical consensus.
 Those are the responsibilities of the topic owner.

Making it easier to know where to go is a good thing, no doubt. Lets
all work together on that.  Licensing and adding new dependencies
should be part of that as well.

That being said, I'll still state for the record that I don't believe
that the legal implications of adding code from outside the project
without discussion has ever been an issue where there is ambiguity.
Again, lets highlight it wherever we can, but I don't agree with a
high volume list meaning that the requirement is unclear.

Perhaps we are talking about two different things here, with your
point being about the general expectations and mine being very
specifically about adding any code from outside the project to any
branch of our repo.  Either way, lets write it down in more places to
help folks remember.