cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: S3 Based secondary storage - Stories 509 and 714
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 01:47:45 GMT
Thanks david for clarification. I will update title with correct description for 714

Sent from Samsung tablet

David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Sudha Ponnaganti
<sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi Nitin/John,
>
> There are two stories listed in JIRA - CLOUDSTACK 509 and CLOUDSTACK 714. Looks like
714 is duplicate of 509.
> Can I mark 714 as  duplicate of 509??
>
> Also need response from John B/Prasanna, if any tests are added to Marvin. If so have
they been run??

IIRC 509 is about adding support for S3 storage as secondary storage -
akin to what is in place now with Swift support.
714 is about eliminating a dependence on NFS as a buffer for object storage.

--David