cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Clayton Weise <cwe...@iswest.net>
Subject RE: DevCloud Question
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 22:23:31 GMT
CS will load some scripts and programs onto your XenServer hosts, which I guess you could consider
to be some equivalent of what the cloud-agent is for KVM.  But to my knowledge none of these
are a part of how iSCSI is handled within XS.  I've found that configuring the storage in
XS first then just referring CS to it as 'preSetup' to be the most reliable.  But in either
case, as a troubleshooting step, it would be a good idea to just try and mount the iSCSI LUN
directly from XS first just to cut CS out of the troubleshooting.  Once you get it to mount
in XS, then you should be able to do the same thing in CS.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Tutkowski [mailto:mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 2:19 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: DevCloud Question

Thanks, Marcus

Do you know if - generally speaking - I would need to install some CS
software on the hypervisor before creating primary storage that said
hypervisor could use?

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> >  The SR could not be connected because the driver was not recognised. on
> > host:9d4c9db8-32f7-25c3-0435-eab4bf3adcea pool:
> > 192.168.1.4/iqn.2013-01.com.solidfire:volume-1/0
> > at
> >
> com.cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl.createStoragePool(StorageManagerImpl.java:1671)
> > at
> >
> com.cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl.createPool(StorageManagerImpl.java:1450)
> > at
> >
> com.cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl.createPool(StorageManagerImpl.java:212)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.admin.storage.CreateStoragePoolCmd.execute(CreateStoragePoolCmd.java:119)
> > at com.cloud.api.ApiDispatcher.dispatch(ApiDispatcher.java:168)
> > at com.cloud.api.ApiServer.queueCommand(ApiServer.java:502)
> > at com.cloud.api.ApiServer.handleRequest(ApiServer.java:353)
> > at com.cloud.api.ApiServlet.processRequest(ApiServlet.java:310)
> > at com.cloud.api.ApiServlet.doGet(ApiServlet.java:67)
> > at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
> > at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
> > at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
> > at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:401)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
> > at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
> > at
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
> > at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:450)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
> > at
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
> > at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
> > at
> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:928)
> > at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)
> > at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
> > at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410)
> > at
> >
> org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
> >

> > On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
> > mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Great description, Marcus - thanks for taking the time to write this out

You
> this

> option

 :)

> believe

(192.168.56.1 and

> references a
file) should

<

it actually wants
> there

the "datacenter"
> on

to write it from
edit it to change

Tutkowski <

 :)

reference a datacenterCfg
see what happens.  :)

Goasguen <

Sebastien Goasguen <

wrote:

> [...]
solved now.  :)  However, the
> script
see this config file anywhere
> on

not found. please

-Ddeploysvr

tools/devcloud -Ddeploysvr

your mgt server

> devcloud.cfg

Rohit's blog:

this you can edit the
(storage, hosts,
> hypervisor

2:17 PM, Sebastien Goasguen <

10:10 PM, Mike Tutkowski <

approach, as well, but it didn't
> work
a Python module?

mtutkowski$ cd
mtutkowski$ pwd

> /Users/mtutkowski/documents/cloudstack/src/incubator-cloudstack/tools/devcloud
mtutkowski$ python
recent call last):
> in
> >>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

> "/Users/mtutkowski/Documents/CloudStack/src/incubator-cloudstack/tools/marvin/marvin/cloudstackTestClient.py",
> >>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

> "/Users/mtutkowski/Documents/CloudStack/src/incubator-cloudstack/tools/marvin/marvin/dbConnection.py",
module named mysql

mysql-connector-python, but I'm not that
to put this download so it can be

it ?

like:

mysql-connector-python 1.0

2013 at 1:49 PM, Sebastien Goasguen <

2013, at 9:16 PM, David Nalley <
> david@gnsa.us

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Mike Tutkowski
wrote:
> [...]
really was a great overview of using DevCloud.
to it from here:

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/DevCloud

wiki, please edit boldly!

the video link to the new docs, but it