cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject CloudStack System VMs - guest vm tools support for XEN and KVM
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 17:36:50 GMT
Sorry to be an annoyance, but I need some feedback to make this process better for everyone.

I want the system-vm creation script to have an ability to specify which vm-guest tools to
use as an argument.

As of now, you can execute the script with following arguments and VM will be created with
specific guest-vm-tools:

[vmarelatest] - gets latest open source vmware tools - takes into account all future releases,
[Vmware5.1] - gets latest OS tools of 5.1 branch and so on for [vmware5.0,4.1 and 4.0].

I need help with what XEN and KVM - as I've managed those HVs the least.

I would assume since we are running CentOS 6.3+, KVM tools are built into a kernel, but that's
my assumption.

Can someone briefly mention how they handle guest-vm-tools for XEN and KVM and if there yum
repos you know off I can source?

Thanks
ilya