cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] Regions branch to master
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:20:21 GMT

On 1/31/13 9:21 AM, "Kishan Kavala" <Kishan.Kavala@citrix.com> wrote:

>On 31-Jan-2013, at 9:36 PM, "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On Jan 31, 2013, at 5:56 AM, Murali Reddy <Murali.Reddy@citrix.com>
>>wrote:

>>> Chiradeep,
>>>
>>> It's good idea to use events framework to sync account across the
>>>regions.
>>> But, a message broker is optional infrastructure component now, unless
>>>one
>>> wants to use event notifications. This appraoch could be one of the
>>> options in my opinion.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Murali
>>
>> If it makes the region feature more robust and operationally useful,
>> wouldn't it be reasonable to require that using multiple regions with
>> a cloudstack installation require a queuing mechanism to make it work
>> well?
>
>Changes based on the review are  pushed to regions branch.
> - separating RegionServiceImpl and RegionManagerImpl
> - package name changed to org.apache.cloudstack.region
> - added comments and unit tests
> - added unique region name check
> - branch is merged with latest master
>
>Account sync is the only outstanding issue right now.

@Chip: agree with the sentiment.
@Murali: can we have a default event bus implementation that does nothing?

Instead of code like this:
 @Override
	public Account enableAccount(EnableAccountCmd cmd) {
    	Account result = null;
    	if(checkIsPropagate(cmd.getIsPropagate())){
    		result = _accountMgr.enableAccount(cmd.getAccountName(),
cmd.getDomainId(), cmd.getId());
    	} else {
    		result = _regionMgr.enableAccount(cmd.getAccountName(),
cmd.getDomainId(), cmd.getId());
    	}
		return result;
	}