cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) FS & Design Document
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:02:28 GMT
On 11/01/13 2:55 AM, "Chiradeep Vittal" <Chiradeep.Vittal@citrix.com>
wrote:

>Thanks for the detailed and enlightening write-up*.
>
>I feel that the GSLB service is not a NetworkElement.
>NetworkElements are those that participate in the L2/L3 orchestration of
>VMs.
>GSLB providers do not do this.

Thanks for the review Chiradeep. Sure, GSLB service, is indeed cross-zone
service, does not fit in to NetWorkElement model. I will by-pass using
NetWorkElement, and let GSLB orchestration send commands directly to agent
representing the GSLB provider.

>It does not even participate in the existing Loadbalancer workflow.
>
>In fact I would assert that this is a completely different higher-level
>orchestration workflow that should not need to touch network elements or
>the network manager.
>You could even write this feature by orchestrating it using the end-user
>APIs.

Agreed. GSLB orchestration need not be part of network manager, I will
restrict it to service layer.

I will update the spec and get back.