cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: orchestration and plugins (was NiciraNvpElement)
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 05:34:58 GMT

>Unfortunately the VirtualNetworkApplianceManager behaves both as a plugin
>and an orchestrator making it a bad example of how to develop a network
>plugin.

Chiradeep,

If time permits I was planning to partially clean-up
VirtualNetworkApplianceManager as part of the CLOUDSTACK-655 [1] which is
prerequisite for ELB parity with AWS [2]. Idea is to pull the
orchestration part in to a appliance provisioning framework, which will
enable specific plug-in's for VR, NetScaler VPX or Vyatta can be hooked in
to VirtualNetworkApplianceManager. Could you please put your
observation/thoughts in CLOUDSTACK-655 on how responsibilities of
orchestration and plug-in should be separated out, that will help working
on the bug.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-655
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-654