cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject [MERGE] network refactoring, phase 1
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 01:35:15 GMT
I would like to merge my network-refactoring branch to master

The main objective of this piece of refactoring was to:
- reduce and eliminate unneeded dependencies on the orchestration piece
- move queries to the network data into the api project
- allow plugins to stop depending on the 'server' component

I'll rebase to master to get the api_refactoring changes before proceeding. This should be
relatively trivial -- the physical layer is the primary admin api.

The 3rd and 4th tasks -- I was hoping that this split would help me move the virtual routing
code into its own plugin, but I now believe there is too much orchestration buried into the
VirtualNetworkApplianceManagerImpl to make this immediately practical. So, I propose to do
a second set of refactoring post-4.1 to help this along.

Testing:
 - devcloud + marvin devcloud tests [basic zone]
 - simulator + UI-based network service tests
 - junit tests to test code that was actually re-written rather than moved
 - compiler should detect all other api movements.