cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) FS & Design Document
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:25:28 GMT
Thanks for the detailed and enlightening write-up*.

I feel that the GSLB service is not a NetworkElement.
NetworkElements are those that participate in the L2/L3 orchestration of
VMs.
GSLB providers do not do this.

It does not even participate in the existing Loadbalancer workflow.

In fact I would assert that this is a completely different higher-level
orchestration workflow that should not need to touch network elements or
the network manager.
You could even write this feature by orchestrating it using the end-user
APIs.

*A lot of folks strive to format the document according to the template
but the template is just to make sure that vital information is not
missed. What ends up happening is that there's a lot of information, but
incoherently organized. Nice job.