cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Persistent Networks without a running VM
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 07:03:25 GMT
On 08/01/13 2:35 PM, "Likitha Shetty" <likitha.shetty@citrix.com> wrote:

>In the FS I have proposed we use the 'persistent' flag with the API's. I
>have added this item under 'Open Issues' for now. Will update the FS
>based on the discussion in this list.
>
>Since a network offering is used by an admin to define the feature set
>for guest networks, now I do think it makes more sense to have the flag
>in the network offering.
>All the default network offerings can have this feature disabled. To
>create a new persistent network a user can use a network offering
>provided by the admin. And to make an existing network persistent, user
>can update the network offering.
>
>Comments?

Having the flag in network offering is right way to go. Otherwise, all
users will potentially opt to create persistent networks only if the flag
is enabled through createNetwork API.

Also in FS, please capture the changes that are required in 'Network GC'
to relax cleaning up persistent networks when no VM is using the network.

>Thank you,
>Likitha

VLAN ID is

VM