cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) FS & Design Document
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:52:38 GMT
In continuation to my proposal [1], I am brining GSLB support
separately for discussion. I have put up functional specification and
design documentation at [2]. Please provide feedback, comments.

Quick abstract of the feature:

Today CloudStack supports load balancing traffic across the VM instances
with in a zone. In case of multi-zone clouds, users can launch service
across one or more zones for high availability and disaster recovery. GSLB
is set of technologies that are used to load balance traffic across
multiple location and also provides disaster recovery. With this feature
CloudStack would be able to orchestrate setting up load balancing across
multiple zones and also provide disaster recovery solution in case of
multiple zone clouds.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/lx6tyikvmvd6wix4

[2]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/GSLB+%28Global+Se
rver+Load+Balancing%29+Functional+specification+and+Design+Document