cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not able to start System Vms on KVM host
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:44:20 GMT
Cloudstack creates guest bridges for vlan isolation as needed, but
does not create your public/private bridges, as the docs state it's up
to the admin to make sure those are in place.

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Sangeetha Hariharan
<Sangeetha.Hariharan@citrix.com> wrote:
> Marcus,
>
> In my case , I did not do any changes to the existing bridges after a fresh install of
Rhel 6.3  and assumed that cloud stack will create the required bridges.
> Is this assumption valid ? If this is not the case then we will make sure that 'cloudbr0'
and 'cloudbr1' bridges get created before adding the hosts to cloudstack.

> Thanks
> Sangeetha

they are available on each hypervisor. The most important factor is that you keep the configuration
consistent on all your hypervisors."

> and
>
> "The goal is to have two bridges called 'cloudbr0' and 'cloudbr1'
> after this section. This should be used as a guideline only. The exact configuration
will depend on your network layout."

> So anyone following the docs would be expected to have a cloudbr1 and everything would
work. It seems that maybe you've set up an environment where you have configured everything
to use cloudbr0, which is fine for a custom setup, and then upgraded to master and wiped out
the custom settings?