cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: IP Clearance
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:39:18 GMT
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Chip Childers
<chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Chip Childers
> <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi
>> <animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com> wrote:
>>> For 3 of the features (Jessica, Jaypal and Frank's). The 72 hour window is over
as of Monday night.

>> It's not normal to include weekends in the 72 hour window for any
>> votes really...
>
> So we actually discussed this within the context of our own project
> [1], but David pointed out that this isn't necessarily ASF-wide (and
> isn't in the voting description page [2]).
>
> I think that we can proceed, given that there has been no response
> from any IPMC member.
>
> -chip
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/tz5x65mxfdmulzca
> [2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

Not to pick nits :) but we had our community vote prior to this; this
vote (albeit a lazy consensus one) is for the IPMC which isn't bound
by our by-laws (not that I see a weekend exclusion in our by-laws
either)
That said, I am not trying to rush things through, and if you'd be
more comfortable letting it sit a bit longer I am happy to do so.

--David