cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Git -> Jira integration
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:04:18 GMT
Hi folks,

Daniel Gruno (Humbedooh in #cloudstack-dev) just made me aware that
ATS has set up a Git -> Jira integration that involves use of an
external service (read that as non-ASF).

This uses the gitpubsub work that Daniel has written.

This parses commit messages from our repo that _begin_ with the bug id
(e.g. CLOUDSTACK-1024), and will add a comment to the referenced
ticket noting the commit.
No action other than comments will take place.

What we would need to do: Create a utility account for commenting.
Pass credentials for that account to Daniel in a GPG-encrypted email
and begin making sure that we properly annotate our commit messages
when we wish for comments to appear.

Thoughts, comments, flames?

--David