cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Redistributing 3rd party code licensed under Apache License 2.0
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 18:16:40 GMT
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Donal Lafferty
<donal.lafferty@citrix.com> wrote:
> As a non-committer, developing in the Apache repository was never an option.
>
> Would Citrix want the Hyper-V driver it bought with Cloud.com?
>
> Is there a NOTICE-based means of including Apache Licence 2.0 code in the repository
that originated with the OpenStack project?

> Should I put the driver in the 'extras' folder?
>
> I'm not sure what procedures are available.

So, quite honestly, we don't know either. We've sought out advice from
mentors and they've pointed us to legal-discuss, and that conversation
is happening there now. Lets not get too concerned until we find out
what the folks who do know say and we can figure a path from there.

--David