cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Mills, Joseph" <...@midokura.jp>
Subject Asymmetric NIC prepare / release behaviour in NetworkManagerImpl
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 05:51:09 GMT
I was hoping someone could clarify something I am seeing in
NetworkManagerImpl.java

I see that whenever we prepare a nic, we call element.prepare, regardless
of the ReservationStrategy of the nic:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-cloudstack/blob/master/server/src/com/cloud/network/NetworkManagerImpl.java#L2208

However, when we then destroy a VM, it seems that we only call
element.release if the ReservationStrategy is 'Start':

https://github.com/apache/incubator-cloudstack/blob/master/server/src/com/cloud/network/NetworkManagerImpl.java#L2291

It mentions on this wiki page that the release call is the dual of the
prepare call, so I was expecting to see a corresponding release call made
for every prepare call we make.

https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/extending-cloudstack-networking.html

Is there any other place we should expect to see the release call being
made?

thanks,
Joe