cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: Servet-Engine Question
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 03:23:23 GMT
Well, unfortunately two networks didn't seem to solve the problem for me.
 So weird...NAT mode works just fine...it's just bridged mode.

If I run cloud-management status, it says Tomcat is not running.
If I run clould-management start, it gives me back an OK.
Then I run cloud-management status again and it says Tomcat is not running.

If I go to the tomcat6 script in /etc/init.d and run tomcat6 start, Tomcat
does seem to start and I can hit its welcome page, but it has no knowledge
of localhost:8080/client.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> It looks like Edison is suggesting the use of two networks:  host only and
> bridged.  I should give that a shot.
>

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks
>>
>> One "problem" I have with just using DevCloud is that I work for a
>> data-storage company (SolidFire) and will need to run CloudStack in such a
>> way as to leverage my company's storage product.
>>
>> I don't think I can use internal networking then because my VMs wouldn't
>> have access to the storage systems in our lab.
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Tariq Iqbal <tariq.iqbal@shapeblue.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Mike,
>>>
>>> Are you using DevCloud? You can find out more here:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/DevCloud
>>>
>>> If you are then, you may find some clues to setting up bridge networking
>>> in the paragraph by Edison Su dated Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 12:33 PM in the
>>> following link:
>>>

>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201211.mbox/%3C1352563187.17686.140661151952769.71D5536B@webmail.messagingengine.com%3E
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Tariq Iqbal