cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Project Bylaws
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 20:54:33 GMT
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:

veto -1, and if their veto is challenged (say the reasons were not obvious) and they are asked
for reason(s) what should be the timeline for the person to reply/communicate. (say a case
of someone trolling, the question was about handling trolls :)

>>> I don't understand the 72 hour comment.
>>> Are you talking about period in which casting a veto is possible?
>>> 72 hours from what? 72 hours from a commit? From a review request?
>>> I'd guess that anytime up until a release is kicked out would be fine
>>> for a veto (technical reasons right, even if it is bad form)? (I've
>>> heard that from Greg Stein anecdotally, but can't find it documented
>>> anywhere.)
>>>

>> The question was about "how long after the merits of a veto is
>> challenged should the community wait for a response from the person
>> vetoing.".  Basically, this is an edge case inside of an edge case
>> really.
>
> See my other response to Rohits question. Valid vetos are binding
> until withdrawn.
>
> --David

Yup - after re-reading the foundation page, you're right.