cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][DISCUSS] Create a -marketing list for CloudStack
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:50:43 GMT
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was getting ready to send a note to -dev about creating some stock
> presentations and materials for anyone to go and promote CloudStack,
> then I realized that - with more than 4K messages sent to -dev in
> January alone, maybe it's time to go ahead and create a new -marketing
> list so that folks who wish to participate can follow along and folks
> who are solely interested in coding/testing/etc. can ignore the
> marketing discussions more easily.
>
> Thought, flames, comments, etc.?
>
> Best,
>
> jzb
> --
> Joe Brockmeier
> jzb@zonker.net
> Twitter: @jzb
> http://www.dissociatedpress.net/

+1

I'd also like to resurrect the Jira email question, and strongly
suggest that Jira ticket emails move to a list like
cloudstack-issues@i.a.o.

Committers would be expected to be on the issues list at least, but I
think it would help get traffic on dev under control.

I would *not* suggest that reviewboard is moved from dev at this time,
since that's a critical process for code acceptance by the project.

-chip