cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Email etiquette CC or not CC
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:57:07 GMT
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>      I am struggling to read all the emails on dev list everyday, it's just so many emails.
Is it possible, that enable/allow/encourage us CC  to somebody if you think the topic he/she
should take a look at? I think it will save both of us a lot of time.

Edison,

I'm fine with CC'ing someone specific when I know that I need their
attention, but two caveats that I'm worried about are:

1 - I find myself often needing the whole community's attention, for
VOTE threads or release planning updates, etc...  I struggle to
understand how folks want to see this.  I thought that VOTE and ACS41
would be sufficient headers for people to actually pay attention to,
but it appears to not be working.

2 - If someone starts a thread, I would expect that they would
actually pay attention to that thread!  I've seen times when people
start a thread, but don't respond to queries from others in the
community.  This is especially vexing when the thread is about a work
that's in progress.

Thoughts?

-chip