cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ACS41] Concerns about where development has happened
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 19:02:12 GMT
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

>> I thought that we had agreed that Chiradeep's network refactoring was
>> going to merge into master first, and he's waiting for the reverts
>> before doing his merge.  Alex (others), what's your opinion?
>>
> Chip,
>
> We've looked at the effects from the reverts on javelin.  I think the main problem is
the commits for bug 306.  This one is particularly bad because its fixes are intertwined now
with the api_refactoring merge and it's difficult to for us to see a way out of this one.
 We like to ask the community for an exception for this bug on technical reasons for this
one problem.  I talked with Chiradeep and he's okay with that as well for the network refactoring
branch.

> If for some reason the fixes for this bug cannot pass ip clearance then we'll just have
to deal with it.

> All the other reverts, we're fine with absorbing in javelin.

I can accept that, as long as we all understand that we can't release
any code from master (or any other branch that includes those commits)
until that code has been accepted via IP clearance.  We're just
talking about CLOUDSTACK-306 commits though, right?  If we don't pass
the IP clearance process for that code, then we will have to stop
until we get it pulled out.  Hopefully that won't happen though.

For the CLOUDSTACK-312 commits, any update on reverting them Murali?