cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Unit Tests for LoadBalancer functionality in ASF Master
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 17:05:17 GMT
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Rajesh Battala
<rajesh.battala@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have almost done with my feature (AWS Style healthchecks for NetScaler).
> I have got paused, how to write unit tests for healthchecks.
>
> Under cloud-server/test I didn't find any tests for LoadBalancer.  There are not unit
tests which tests the functionality of LB for VR, NetScaler, F5.
> I didn't' find any guide/wiki how to write the tests for network services( Ex for  LB\healthchecks).
>
> As there are only 2 days left for the feature code freeze, Writing a framework for entire
LoadBalancer is not possible.

> It would be great if anyone writes unit tests for the network services, so that later
for any features/bug-fixes we can keep contributing to the unit tests.

> Can I go ahead and submit my feature for code-review and once basic unit tests framework
is available for networking I can add unittest for HealthCheck feature.

> This is holding me to submit my feature for the review. Please let me know how to go
about.

> Thanks
> Rajesh Battala

I think your concerns are valid.  Go ahead and submit for review.
Perhaps you can spend a little time looking into how to best unit test
LoadBalancer code while the feature is under review?