cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chip Childers <>
Subject Re: [ACS41] Where to merge features?
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:13:46 GMT
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Alex Huang <> wrote:
>> This adjusts our schedule a little bit, and also assumes that the work
>> to re-base javelin against master (yet again) will go smoothly and
>> quickly.  If the Javelin branch isn't able to get to a stable state
>> quickly, we will need to consider not merging it in for 4.1.0.
> +1 on the plan in general.  My problem is with the last bit here.  Javelin has requested
for merge a long time and is ready as of last Friday.  We agree to this plan to lessen the
work for others so I don't see why it should be that javelin may not be able to merge into
> --Alex


I'm suggesting that there is risk, and that we need to agree on a
mitigation for that risk.  I'm not suggesting anything beyond that.

What happens if it takes you longer than a day or two to get Javelin
and master merged?  What do we do then?  Do you want to delay the
4.1.0 release schedule day for day?

Or perhaps this isn't enough of a risk (I need your input here) to
even bother talking about mitigations?



View raw message