cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] IPv6 support draft functional spec(phase 1)
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 18:12:38 GMT
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Anthony Xu <Xuefei.Xu@citrix.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the write-up,
>
> One comment,
> Is there any reason not use link-local IPv4 address?
>
>>*User VM would have one link-local IPv6 address

IPv6 required one auto configured link local address per nic(means
likely one nic would have more than one IP address, and in the
different subnet), and the link local address would be used to send
out DHCP request etc(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3315). It's also
the basic of Neighbor discovery mechanism in
IPv6(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4861).

I think IPv4 link-local is less relevant in this case...

--Sheng