cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] IPv6 support draft functional spec(phase 1)
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 19:06:50 GMT
On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 01/17/2013 04:11 AM, Sheng Yang wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The first draft of IPv6 FS is available at
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/IPv6+support
>> now.
>>
>> Basically based on our previous discussion, we would like to stick to
>> dnsmasq, and assume shared network for advance zone in the phase one,
>> to make thing as simple as possible in phase 1.
>>
>> Comments/questions are welcome!
>>

> What's the reason for not doing this in basic networking first? Isn't that
> the easiest one?

And in fact basic network is harder...

For basic network, we would allocate IP address from our pod range ip
address, which also known as private ip in our system. That make the
connection between hosts, and would assign the address to SSVM and
CPVM as well. That's much more complex than advance share network,
which we would only need to deal with one certain range of public
network.

--Sheng