cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] IPv6 support draft functional spec(phase 1)
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:58:16 GMT
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Sheng Yang <sheng@yasker.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Anthony Xu <Xuefei.Xu@citrix.com> wrote:
>> More comments,
>>
>> Can VM access VM by name on IPv6 network( router VM provide DNS service ?)?
>
> Yes, dnsmasq would provide AAAA records.
>
>> Is password-reset service supported on IPv6 network?
>
> Should be in the future, but not phase 1, which only provide DNS and DHCP.
>
>> Is meta-data and user-data service supported on IPv6 network?
>
> Not phase 1.
>
>> Is external network device (F5, SRX) supported on IPv6 network?
>
> Not in the plan.
>
>> What's the impact for Security enabled shared network?
>
> Not in the plan. Only support shared network without SG in the phase 1.
>
>> What's the impact for multiple IPs per NIC?
>
> I guess we may no longer need to have another nic for different public
> subnet, but need to be confirmed.

So I would update the systemvm first, adding the newer version of
dnsmasq and radvd.

Does anyone has specific suggestion on which version to be used? I can
get the dnsmasq from debian testing repo and it works for me. Radvd
can be get from debian stable repo, but I assume it maybe kind of old.

--Sheng