cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [MERGE][ACS41] javelin to master
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2013 17:52:13 GMT

> Do you have consensus on the storage piece?
> I didn't walk away from the storage meeting with the impression that
> consensus had been achieved, and there's another meeting on it next
> week...

We did not reach yet because John had something to take care of.  We agreed to hold another
meeting.  In principle, I think John's ideas and the new storage engine are not far apart.
 We're going to go into specific design on the next meeting to verify that.

That is what I'm trying to point out here.  We should look at javelin as the piece that just
brings Spring support.  It's high touch but minimal effect on business logic.  We can reach
consensus on whether to bring in the storage hookup piece when Edison ask to merge that branch
in.

--Alex